Blended gym mats use a special mixed foam core which helps reduce weight, and are suitable for sports, leisure, PE and gymnastics with jumping activities.
The foam core is in 2 layers, the top layer being 9lb chipfoam to provide a soft feel and the lower half being the stiffer but lighter polyethylene foam. This makes the mat more rigid and approximately 3/4 the weight of the chipfoam equivalent, so they are easier to store and do not collapse when stored in a vertical mat trolley.
Blended gym mats are supplied in blue as standard. For red or black mats please contact us.
These are available in the following sizes:
- 4' x 3' x 1", weight: 3.5kg
- 4' x 3' x 1 1/4", weight: 4kg
- 6' x 2' x 1"
- 6' x 2' x 1 1/4"
- 6' x 4' x 1", weight: 6kg
- 6' x 4' x 1 1/4", weight: 7kg
Mats are graded depending on their resilience for the following applications.
- TYPE 1 - for floor exercise, without jumping
- TYPE 2 - for floor exercise, with jumping
- TYPE 3 - for floor exercise with jumping and landing.
Blended gym mats are graded as TYPE 2
Manufactured to BSEN 12503-1:2001
Flame retardent to BS 1892-3:2003